Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Buongiorno

Lately lunch hour has been more interesting because of my sudden cooking spree. Fridge at home is overwhelmed with food, ingredients and spices. Mom is getting less "nazi" about sharing her kitchen. I guess subconsciously all the cooking distraction has quietly replaced as an approved solace after a long day at work.

For this dish: Prawns Aglio olio, I'm glad that I've prepared all the ingredients a night before, thus, waking up just in time to cook was quite a breeze and I wasn't too late for yet another blood draining weekly meeting.

It was quite a joy to prepare the ingredients because of the process of cutting the fresh parsley; it left a very refreshing soothing smell on my fingers.

Ingredients
De-shelled prawns
Fresh Parsley
Olive oil
sherry wine
1/2 red chilli (you may use paprika)
14 cloves of garlic, that's right, 14! it's never enough!!!
1 yellow pepper (sliced) as a side dish

Try not to cook yellow pepper, it should be eaten at its raw state at all times! Do check out the table below for the wonderful nutritious value! (From http://caloriecount.about.com)



Overall, I've enjoyed my lunch tremendously and should have added more chilli or used chilli padi to set my tongue on fire. Anyway, having yellow pepper as a side dish was quite a complimentary to the olive oil induced aglio olio.

No comments:

Post a Comment