Friday, April 17, 2009

Farty Day

I remember watching a Japanese movie called 'Udon' on my flight to Tokyo(Transit). Of course, just as the movie title suggests, it's all about udon, udon, udon, the quest to seek for the best udon in a remote Japanese village or town. The plot is obviously predictable and it didn't take me long to switch to the usual boring video games which seemed far more interesting at that time. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of udon. I guess what we have here are mostly not the freshly made quality ones hence the inferior taste and sometimes I feel like I'm chewing white long slimey worms.

So to make the dressing, use...
white rice vinegar, mirin, sesame oil. Just mix them in a bowl


The main ingredients
udon, shredded omelette, cooked marinated chicken (you may use shredded ham), chopped tomatoes and onions (I added 2 onions and resulted my heavy silent farting much to my colleagues' oblivion or maybe not) Luckily, the fart wasn't smelly if not I would have been awarded the farty queen title.

Back to the food, lastly, pour the dressing and add mayonnaise as the final touchdown. Serve it cold. Garnish the salad with shredded seaweed.

I did enjoy the udon salad heartily, but I still prefer soba. Maybe next time, I will just add a teeny bit of wasabi to jazz things up alittle. Wonder if the Japanese would ever invent wasabi cigarettes. Maybe they already did.

No comments:

Post a Comment